Aid Transparency Barcamp Nepal, run jointly by YoungInnovationPvt. Ltd and aidinfo, is a conference to raise the awareness of the foreign aid scenario in Nepal. It intends to create a platform to initiate conversations and connections on the effective use of ICTs to support aid transparency and effectiveness. There will be a chance for organisations and individuals to showcase innovative ideas and tools that promote effective accessibility and visualization of aid data. Further, it is hoped that it will create a platform where the best technology products around aid data can be collaborate, supported, sponsored and promoted. It is also an opportunity to raise awareness of the International Aid Transparency Initiative’s (IATI) standard for publishing aid data.
Featured speakers will include Bibek Raj Kandel, Simon Parrish, Anjesh Tuladhar, Aman Shakya, Bibhusan Bista, Hemanta Sapkota, and Prabhas Pokharel. Sessions will include:
- Linked data and semantic web technologies for aid transparency
- Civic engagement: creating a feedback loop on aid effectiveness
- Community led development projects: Information processes and pitfalls
- What is IATI format and how it enhances aid effectiveness?
- Social media for aid awareness
- Taking aid transparency local: radio and SMS-based transparency opportunities
- Crowd-sourcing for better data: geo-coding and traceability
This event is targeted at the tech community (programmers, app developers, FOSS enthusiasts, mobile developers), INGOs, aid donor communities, government officials, the media and aid transparency professionals and practitioners.
For more information on this event, please visit the website: http://nepalaid.yipl.com.np/